March Babies~TWW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lovies? (Rachel got me going)

+9
Babydreamer26
jamiemarie
punkybrewster
fuel1316
jnormandeau
lovebug-Michelle
mrstreenall
Toribear5
orrissa
13 posters

Go down

Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) Empty Lovies? (Rachel got me going)

Post  orrissa Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:23 pm

Both kids are in bed, Alex is cussing at the kitchen (yes, we are remodeling and the drywall isn't behaving) and I am on the computer wasting time. Feels great BTW Wink

Anyhow- read Rachel's post on TWW about lovies- anyone have one they picked out for their kiddo yet? Rhett had a dog with hearts on it- he still sleeps with it! Its a TY pluffie, apparently. I discovered that tidbit in a pic search of the dog. Good lord some of those stuffed animals are expensive! So I'm hunting down a Maisie Pluffie currently. I wanted the lion, but at 50 bucks? Alex would be really mad if he found out and he appears to be in a foul mood so I'm still hunting.
Anyhow- just for fun...

Post your kids future lovie (or hoped to be lovie)
orrissa
orrissa

Back to top Go down

Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) Empty Re: Lovies? (Rachel got me going)

Post  orrissa Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:24 pm

Whoa, update- just found a stuffed pluffy for 79.99 on Amazon. Wow.
I think I have good taste in plush toys. Hum... LOL
orrissa
orrissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Toribear5 Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:32 pm

confession: I STILL sleep with the blankie i was wrapped in when I was in the hospital. It's yellow and soft and about 1/2 the size it originally was. I take it with me on vacations and it gets carried on the plane for fear of losing my luggage. And YES, I did bring it with me to the hospital when I was in labor and the nurses made a couple of somewhat rude remarks. Is it embarrassing to still enjoy resting my head of a scrunched up blankie? Sure. Does it feel good? Yes. Does my DH mind? Nope.

As for Brett, I'll let him pick his own lovie!
Toribear5
Toribear5

Back to top Go down

Post  orrissa Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) PL_pursley
Okay, Just ordered it Smile

"Pursley" LOL (Man, that TY collecting thing is friggin crazy. I feel like I just dabbled in a stuffed toy addiction. Feeling a bit geeky. Embarassed)

And this was Rhett's dog. Was- it no longer looks like this- he's all wiped out.
Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) 51-W3dqep4L._SS420_

Alright- your turn!!!
orrissa
orrissa

Back to top Go down

Post  orrissa Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Toribear5 wrote:confession: I STILL sleep with the blankie i was wrapped in when I was in the hospital. It's yellow and soft and about 1/2 the size it originally was. I take it with me on vacations and it gets carried on the plane for fear of losing my luggage. And YES, I did bring it with me to the hospital when I was in labor and the nurses made a couple of somewhat rude remarks. Is it embarrassing to still enjoy resting my head of a scrunched up blankie? Sure. Does it feel good? Yes. Does my DH mind? Nope.

As for Brett, I'll let him pick his own lovie!

LOL Love it!
orrissa
orrissa

Back to top Go down

Post  mrstreenall Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:50 pm

Tori I still sleep with my baby blanket too! LOL! It's a quilt my mom made for me when she was pregnant with me. My husband was weirded out and slightly amused I still slept with it. But he's quickly adopted it as his own. I'm actually sitting here on the couch wrapped up in it!

Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) N39100239_34116209_4009

Not sure if you can tell, but the blanket around my shoulders is my baby blanket.

As for lovies.. I really am liking the "Angel Dear" things. If you look on Amazon, there is a whole collection of them. Blankets, little stuffed animals, rattles. Of course, I need them all Embarassed Rolling Eyes We call Ethan our little 'bear', so naturally I want the bear ones. But my husband wants the lion, because they are strong and fierce.. and apparently "manlier" than a bear. So I think we are going to get both and see who wins. Although, we must act quickly, because he's starting to fall in love with the ugly burp cloth!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HnsIQsGkL._AA280_.jpg
Small lion stuffed animal

Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) 41IBgYjQRHL._SL500_AA280_
Bear lovie blanket
mrstreenall
mrstreenall

Back to top Go down

Post  lovebug-Michelle Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Aw, how sweet!

Rachel, we call Ethan our little Ethan Bear, too! And his lovie is the Angel Dear puppy. Actually, somewhere along the way, he got a couple Angel Dears, so he sleeps with Pup-Pup (the dog), Hippity-Hoppity (the frog), Quack-Quacks (the duck) and Other Quack-Quacks (a newer version of the duck) all wrapped up in a Bob the Builder blanket I made him. I love those Angel Dears--they're so soft and wash up nicely, plus it's easy to order a couple for back-ups.

I think I will order an Angel Dear for each of the girls soon.

Oh, and one more thing about the Angel Dears-- I used to "wear" Pup-Pup in my shirt all day so that Ethan could smell me at night when he was a baby. Silly mom things!
lovebug-Michelle
lovebug-Michelle

http://www.keepingupwiththecollinsfamily.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jnormandeau Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:12 pm

Zoƫ will be getting a puffalump exactly like this:

Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) Puffalump

My mom bought it for her for her first Christmas and it is identical to one that I got at my first Christmas except now mine is all sewn up and is missing the dress and the hair on the top and has paint spots on it, hehe. I hope she loves it as much as I loved mine, I still have it Smile
jnormandeau
jnormandeau

Back to top Go down

Post  fuel1316 Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:36 pm

what is a lovies?
fuel1316
fuel1316

Back to top Go down

Post  Toribear5 Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Elisa, from my understanding a lovie is just a blankie or a stuffed animal that's their favorite and they love. am i right?

OMG, I love those Angel Dears! I'll have to get one lovie and one of the sleep blankies!
Toribear5
Toribear5

Back to top Go down

Post  punkybrewster Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:34 am

David has two pluffies:
http://www.ty.com/images/products/26969_lg.gif
and a bear I can't seem to find a picture of.

He also has a blankie kinda like an angel dear...it's a Tigger blankie, with tabs that he seems to quite enjoy chewing on now. I'm sure he'll pick his own.
punkybrewster
punkybrewster

http://david.locals.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  jamiemarie Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:04 am

Aw great thread, love to see all the different "lovies" kids have!

Jacob has two stuffed animals, both elephants (just coincidentally), that are in his crib. I don't let him play with stuffed animals too much just yet because all he does is put them in his mouth and I'm afraid that eyes or threads will come loose.

Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) Ty-elephant_rg
Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) Jacob026

This is his favorite blankie, which I'm sure will ultimately be his lovie. My brother, sister, and I all had ones just like it when we were little and those were all we wanted. He rubs it on his face and/or chews/sucks on it to go to sleep at night.

Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) IMG_1620
Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) IMG_1623
jamiemarie
jamiemarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Babydreamer26 Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:16 am

Deztyni & Caydyn never had a lovie...Layla really likes to hold and chew on this little security blanket we picked up at Target:
http://www.target.com/Tiddliwinks-Girl-Flower-Security-Blanket/dp/B000I6JISG/qid=1247411751/ref=br_1_8/187-0446517-5954967?ie=UTF8&node=15812651&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1
Babydreamer26
Babydreamer26

http://journeyofthehampfamily.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ehumbleart Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:34 am

ehumbleart
ehumbleart

Back to top Go down

Post  iamshannon Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm

I bought Eli this pluffie from the hospital gift shop while he was at Children's for his surgery. He doesn't care about it yet but I hope someday he might Smile

When I bought it, I thought it was a hippo. But then I looked at the name (Whinny) and apparently it's a horse. LOL!

Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) 4483_90486297311_500057311_2447217_6804577_n
iamshannon
iamshannon

Back to top Go down

Post  fuel1316 Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:55 pm

i want cookies wubbanub to be her lovie Very Happy
Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) IMG_5355-1

but i dont mind if she is more partial to peanut. i got this elephant... lol its a dorky story... i was babysitting my 2 cousins and they had this little stuffed rabbit and they were throwing it around in the pool and it hit the side of the pool and i started to cry. i felt so bad for this little stuffed animal and i couldnt figure out why. i had my M/C the month before so i figure i was still weepy and emotional from that loss. i made dh take me to the store that they found that rabbit at so i could get one and love it and i found this little elephant instead and i fell in love with him! well i tested 2 days later and i got my bfp with cookie. i was emotional because i was PG! anyways...
Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) IMG_0038-1

and this is her bear we got her the day of her MI surgery while in the nicu
Lovies?  (Rachel got me going) IMG_3641

i dont know how to choose hehe

i figure shell probably pick her wubbanub since there is a binkie attached Very Happy but i will cut it off when its time for her to leave it behind so she can still have the blanket part
fuel1316
fuel1316

Back to top Go down

Post  cjschwer Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:00 am

Quin loves to hold blankets. Any blanket. Even his burp rag (a cloth diaper). His most favorite thing when he is upset or tired is to hold your finger or something like that. It reminds him of his lovie when he was still inside, his umbilical cord. He is still looking for it. Sad

For his hospital stay we are taking the quilt I made him, his fireduck (rubber ducky from the bathtub) and maybe Cookie Monster.
cjschwer
cjschwer

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMom Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:43 pm

Maxie's lovey (never heard that term - lol) is the same as Emily's Violet's... http://www.bunniesbythebay.com/product_information.cfm?ProductID=61&Category=64

We call her "silky bunny" and she has been attached for some time. So attached that we got her a second as a back-up. My mom suggested that she have two and put both in rotation so they both get "aged" and get a good, happy smell so if one is lost or misplaced there will be one available. I know that eventually she will figure it, but having bunny1 and bunny2 has already come in handy.

MaxieMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down