March Babies~TWW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep regression in crib

3 posters

Go down

Sleep regression in crib Empty Sleep regression in crib

Post  victoria_1024 Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:26 am

Hopefully this won't be too long and rambly, I'm very tired. Sad

I was pressured into putting Jackson in his crib!!! I really didn't want him in his nursery. Family members kept telling me I needed to put him in there, that he'd sleep better in his crib in his own room. My response was that he sleeps fine in his bassinet! Which was true, since he was 2 months old he has slept 7 hours in a row from 10-5 and then from 5:30-8 every single night. But unfortunately he had majorly outgrew his bassinet so I decided we'd just try the crib thing to see how it went.

So now he has spent 6 nights in his crib. The first 3 nights he slept totally normal, from 10-4ish. One morning he even stayed sleeping after his 4:30 feeding until 9 am!!! I was just like wow he's sleeping so well!

Night 4, he was up at 2:45 and then 5:45 and then 8. But it's not so weird for him to have a bad night here and there. But the past 2 nights have been even worse, it's like newborn nights right now. He can't get 4 hours in a row even, which he started doing at like 4 weeks old.

I just can't understand what's going on! I don't know if it's the crib, or a phase, or a growth spurt, or what. This kind of sleep was one thing when he was a newborn, but I'm back at work now and I just need to get more sleep. I keep thinking maybe I should get rid of the sleep positioner, or maybe he doesn't want to be swaddled anymore, or maybe he's too hot, or too cold, I don't know!

Have others been through this with the crib? I mean if it's just a phase of him getting used to the crib, I will deal with it. But I'm really close to just taking apart his crib and moving it into the bedroom. It's so hard for me to be up and down all night long, instead of just reaching down to pick him up when he was in his bassinet.

Ok I am done rambling and venting!

Oh and he is 3 months 3 weeks old.

victoria_1024

Back to top Go down

Sleep regression in crib Empty Re: Sleep regression in crib

Post  ithappened Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:49 am

I have been pressured by some (pedi, MIL) to move Chase also. He outgrew his bassinet pretty quickly too, I kept him in it longer than he fit b/c I was trying to figure out what to do. Our plan was always to have in the room until 6 months and I was firm about that and DH agreed. I finally realized I could do some rearranging and brought his Pack n Play upstairs and took his bassinet downstairs and the changing part of the PnP fits perfectly on top of the bassinet and Ihave the bassinet if I have to lay him down downstairs somewhere safe! Do you have a PnP or something like that you could try if you want him back in your room?

On the other hand, Jackson may just need more time in his crib and then will do fine. Every baby is different...I am sorry you got so much pressure from people who should be supporting you and your ability to mother YOUR own child!

It's so hard to stand up for yourself sometimes...I know I have that problem! And unfortunately my MIL has an RN background so DH thinks she knows best Rolling Eyes
ithappened
ithappened

Back to top Go down

Post  mrstreenall Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:12 am

Ethan outgrew his bassinet too, but we had been cosleeping/bedsharing mostly anyways. I moved him over to his crib July 6th so hubby and I could have a night of cuddling together for our anniversary. He slept from 8:30-5:30. I couldn't believe I didn't do this sooner. When he was in our room we were up every hour or 2 hours. So he slept great in his crib for a few days, and then slowly has regressed back to waking every 2 hours.

I'm reading the No Cry Sleep Solution. I haven't really gotten to much yet. Right now we are logging our daily events and night wakings. But I like that the book is all about no crying, which is what I'm about too!
mrstreenall
mrstreenall

Back to top Go down

Post  victoria_1024 Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:42 pm

Thanks ladies. We do have a pack n play, but we're currently using it as a changing table downstairs b/c hubby has a bad back and doesn't want to change him on the floor (and we don't want to go up and down stairs all the time to change him).

I think we'll stick it out for a few days and just see what happens. He's always been such a GREAT sleeper, maybe he just needs an adjustment period. He's been really fussy in general the past few days (not sure if it's from lack of sleep or if something else is going on with him causing him to not sleep well).

Anyone else with any words of wisdom? Very Happy

victoria_1024

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down