March Babies~TWW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunch of random stuff

+3
orrissa
Toribear5
kell
7 posters

Go down

Bunch of random stuff Empty Bunch of random stuff

Post  kell Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi ladies! Just wanted to update on a bunch of stuff--it's been a long weekend!

1st of all, I've been having some supply issues, which is why I decided to start giving Brett some formula. It's not really going very well...he still acts like he's hungry all the time. I do think, however, that my milk supply is starting to adjust to the demand. I've been leaking a lot lately, especially on my right side which is my weaker side. So I'm pretty sure Brett has been going through a growth spurt and my body was just a little slow to adjust. For now, I've put the formula away but at least I know it's there if I feel like he needs it.

We spent the weekend at my cabin with dh's family. My MIL, like most, can be a little over-bearing. She loves Brett, which is great, but she's kind of a weirdo with him. She wants him to like her so much that she purposely go against what I do with him. For example--Brett doesn't sleep in bed with me and dh. Mainly b/c our dogs hop up there all the time and I don't want Brett getting stomped on. Anyway, MIL decides to take a nap with Brett. I walk into the cabin and there they are sleeping on her bed. WTF?? Then she asks if she can give him a bottle of water b/c he "looks thirsty." She doesn't understand why I won't let him have a bottle of water. (Not to mention the cabin only has well water and god only knows the last time it was tested.) I don't think she'd ever be negligent enough to hurt him, but it's enough to make me nervous. Annoying.

Dh and I went on a date and saw Bruno...omg...so wrong...but so funny. Very Happy Dh and I were probably the oldest people in the theater and the only ones who didn't smoke a joint in the car on the way there.

Lastly, I think I let myself get dehydrated over the weekend. I know I haven't been drinking enough water to support this new supply, and I really paid for it today. Ugh. Headaches, belly aches, body aches...no fun! I'm leaving work a little early today to go home and drink water, nurse my baby, and RELAX!!

BTW--TORI--if you're reading this--how many times have people called your Brett "Brent"? Is this going to be the story of their lives? Happens to my Brett all the time. Even MIL has accidently called him Brent. It's B-R-E-T-T...maybe if I wanted people to call him Brett I should have named him brent. Twisted Evil
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Bunch of random stuff Empty Re: Bunch of random stuff

Post  Toribear5 Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Kell, yeah that happens occasionally! Here I thought I had a dummy proof name Rolling Eyes

My saving grace is that I'm a HUGE Green Bay Packer fan so any time I tell someone my baby name they said "oh did you name him after Brett Favre?" DH hates it b/c he's a big Chicago Bears fan.

When he's not around and people say "Brent?"...I say "Brett" like "Brett Favre" Laughing
Toribear5
Toribear5

Back to top Go down

Post  orrissa Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:13 pm

LOL this cracks me up.

Sooo many people hear Brett when they ask what is Rhett's name. I always have to tell them, Rhett- like Rhett Butler.
Works for those who have seen Gone w/ the Wind- bugs the hell out of DH because he says, "I never even seen that damn movie" - but whatever works. LOL

I think people hear what they want to hear with names, KWIM? Like the brain automatically goes to what is familiar.
orrissa
orrissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiarah Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:48 pm

My own family calls Katherine, Katrina...WTF, seriously? Because i call her call they cant remember her real name. Then they blame me not bringing her around enough for why they cant remember her name. (i blame old age lol)
Kiarah
Kiarah

http://www.myspace.com/take_my_breath_away_90

Back to top Go down

Post  Toribear5 Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:59 pm

my name is victoria and my sister's name is valerie. family always call us by the other's name and sometimes i even got "vanessa"!
Toribear5
Toribear5

Back to top Go down

Post  ithappened Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:48 am

People are always like "His name is Chase?" Umm YEA!!! Got a problem with it?? People I guess think its not a name but a verb.....

Before he arrived my own grandma would constantly voice her disapproval of his name Razz Now she likes it though lol...she thought he should be a Jr Shocked NOPE! (my DH goes by his middle name b/c his first name is Victor like his dad)

Oh and my siblings are names Jennifer and Jason so we are the 3 J's....I also got called their names or combos of our names alllllll the time!!!
ithappened
ithappened

Back to top Go down

Post  mrstreenall Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:51 am

I did something stupid and I didn't even realize it until too late!

My husbands family lives in England. They have a daughter named Eden. Well say Ethan with a British accent... Yep, it sounds EXACTLY like Eden. Whooooops!! I didn't even realize it till we were doing a video chat last week. What a Face
mrstreenall
mrstreenall

Back to top Go down

Post  cjschwer Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:42 am

People make strange faces sometimes when we tell them Quin's name. The teachers George works with were kind of like, "Quin, oh, why did you pick that name?"

Then there also are the people who put t on the end so it's Quint, like Clint. We get a lot of people who think his name is Clinton instead of Quinton. Rolling Eyes People also will ask if it's a family name because it's so uncommon.
cjschwer
cjschwer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum