March Babies~TWW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knew I should have squeezed the lemon!!!

+11
mrstreenall
ithappened
enixie99
Krystina85
airborne22-Shannon
laurensmommy
Kiarah
momma2three
camsmommy09
orrissa
Laureenjellybean
15 posters

Go down

Knew I should have squeezed the lemon!!! Empty Knew I should have squeezed the lemon!!!

Post  Laureenjellybean Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:27 pm

So for those of you who don't get my title, "squeezing the lemon" means keep going when the light turns yellow.

So normally, I continue on yellow. (yeah, I KNOW you're supposed to stop!) So today, being the good girl that I am, I decided that I would actually stop at a yellow light. I didn't slam on my breaks or anything. I look in my rearview mirror and see a car behind me...and I'm thinking.."Oh crap, he's not stopping!" Shocked I almost thought to just slam on the gas and go through the intersection, but it was too late. We got slammed. Yeah, of course Carter was in the back! At first, I was so mad, that I dropped a total F-bomb as I glided through the intersection. then I got all shaky worried about Carter, who slept through it!!! So I pulled over, opened the door and took Carter out to check him over. He was ok, THANK GOD!

My car isn't too bad. the bumper is smashed in and my back hatch is damaged, but the other guys car was pretty crappy. His headlights were falling off and his hood was crumpled. According to him, he thinks he was going about 30mph! Apparently, he was having contact lense issues and was on his way home to get a new pair. He had covered one eye, looked down and then realized that we had stopped! He really never even tried to stop. There was NO skidding on his part! I'm not worried about the car as much as Carter.

Carter's Dr. recommended that we have him looked at by the Ed, so that is where we spent the next 2 hours. BLAH! He's fine....but what a frustrating day! Now, I have to figure out if we need a new carseat. I never did finish the errands I was going to run. Oh well. At least we're all ok. I'm a little sore, but I think I'm fine. I almost feel like I have a pulled muscle in my calf.
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Knew I should have squeezed the lemon!!! Empty Re: Knew I should have squeezed the lemon!!!

Post  orrissa Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:37 pm

Shocked OMG I'm glad you guys are okay! Lame about the 2 hours in the ER but at least you know that Carter is fine. I would ask a red cross car seat installer or someone who is a pro about car seats what they would do. I'm just glad you guys weren't hurt!
orrissa
orrissa

Back to top Go down

Knew I should have squeezed the lemon!!! Empty Re: Knew I should have squeezed the lemon!!!

Post  camsmommy09 Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:39 pm

omg! some people are just idiots!!! Mad SO glad you and carter. Very Happy i would def find out about the car seat.
camsmommy09
camsmommy09

http://www.myspace.com/countryrebel5o4

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:45 pm

My BIL was certified to install car seats, so I plan to ask him. I know that insurance should pay for one if I need it, but the stinky thing is that I had to order his carseat by mail last time, because they don't sell his color in stores...so what am I supposed to do, sit around and wait for it?? I wonder, if they decide I need a new one, if they'll pay for overnight delivery. GRRR...Also, if they determine I need a new one, what the heck do I do with the old one??
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  momma2three Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Glad everyone was alright!
momma2three
momma2three

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiarah Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:31 pm

Omg! I would've seriously have hit that guy!
I almost hit a deer on my way to my parents this afternoon.(its our day huh?) Both the girls slept thru me slamming on my brakes and white knuckling my steering wheel and praying the deer was fast enough to get across. I have an intrepid so my nose dips down, hit a deer and it hits your windshield. I tried to not scream like i wanted to because i didn't wanna scare the girls.
We have terrible luck. I'm so glad you guys are ok tho! I'd go beat that guy with a baseball bat tho. lol
Kiarah
Kiarah

http://www.myspace.com/take_my_breath_away_90

Back to top Go down

Post  laurensmommy Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:47 pm

Ughhhh!! That SUCKS!!! DH is an officer and certified car seat installer and you should def. get a new one after being in an accident. Even if it looks ok, its better not to take any chances. Smile Hope you can get the one that you like again! So glad you and Carter are ok though!! That person should have been paying attention!

Oh, and I always wondered about the yellow light thing. Well, my DH said that as long as you are in the intersection before it turns red, and you are not trying to go faster to beat the light, you shouldn't get a ticket for going through a yellow light. This is in Phoenix though and I am sure different cities have different rules.
laurensmommy
laurensmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  airborne22-Shannon Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:02 pm

I am soo glad to hear that you are all doing ok.

Shannon

airborne22-Shannon

http://www.shannonclarkphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystina85 Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:21 am

Wow! I'm glad you're both okay!!
Krystina85
Krystina85

Back to top Go down

Post  enixie99 Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:50 am

Phew!!!!!!!! I'm very happy to hear everyone is alright.
enixie99
enixie99

https://www.facebook.com/enixie99

Back to top Go down

Post  ithappened Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:17 am

Wow! I am glad everyone is okay!! Stinky news about a new car seat but I agree, best to be safe!!
ithappened
ithappened

Back to top Go down

Post  mrstreenall Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:32 am

Wow thats so scary!! Getting into an accident with my little guy in the car is my worst nightmare Sad I'm glad you are both okay!!
mrstreenall
mrstreenall

Back to top Go down

Post  cjschwer Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:23 am

Here, if there is a car seat involved in an accident a lot of the first responders will cut the straps to guarantee the owner gets a new one and that insurance will cover it. It also means someone else has to arrive with another seat for you to leave, or baby goes to the hospital for a check in an ambulance. Any kind of accident means a new seat. Personally I would just get the insurance money and buy a convertible seat that will last longer, but I know Cater isn't as big as Quin and will fit in his infant carrier seat longer than him.
cjschwer
cjschwer

Back to top Go down

Post  jamiemarie Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:56 am

Yikes, Laureen! Glad you and Carter are ok! At least the guy admitted he was in the wrong and no one was hurt! I agree with the other ladies, I've always heard that if you're in an accident you're supposed to replace the carseat but I'm sure if your BIL (I think that's who you said is a carseat inspector..the history doesn't go back far enough so I can't check) checks it out he'll let you know what to do.
jamiemarie
jamiemarie

Back to top Go down

Post  iamshannon Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:11 am

Scary!! Glad you're okay!!
iamshannon
iamshannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:10 pm

Thanks ladies! We bought a britax boulevard this AM. We figured that we needed to get it anyway eventually, so we just bought it now. As for the carrier, we're going to have the insurance buy us a new one...as we were planning on using this one for more than one child. (plus we have two bases). We'll see how easily this works through insurance. I'm going to file the claim with the other guys insurance because I think it would slow things down to have things down through my insurance going back and forth with his. What a PITA!!

Sara-Glad that you didn't hit the dear!
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  Anchors Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Soooo glad you're okay! I worry so much about getting into an accident since I've had my Carter! My dh is an Officer, too, and he said you have to replace the carseat even if you got in a slight bump-up in a parking lot Shocked My SIL got rear-ended the other day (she has twins, but they weren't in the car) and insurance covered both new carseats with zero hassle, but they did have to send in the old ones!
Anchors
Anchors

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:31 pm

I have to bring in the old one and they are going to cut the straps so that nobody can use it out of a dumpster. I wonder if they mind if I keep the seat cover as a spare...??
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down