March Babies~TWW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breast Feeding

+15
madismom
jmark
momma2three
Charlie2911
enixie99
punkybrewster
Krystina85
jamiemarie
Laureenjellybean
mrstreenall
beautyonthebeach83
Toribear5
scuzzymama
Babyjinks
cjschwer
19 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Breast Feeding - Page 5 Empty Re: Breast Feeding

Post  Krystina85 Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:00 am

enixie99 wrote:Am I the only one who is still engorged in the morning??

Depends how well she sleeps. She typically stills wakes up twice in the night to eat, so on a night like that, I don't wake up really full. But if she decides to only wake up once at night, I wake up with 1 boob engorged (like right now) because she is a one sided feeder.
Krystina85
Krystina85

Back to top Go down

Post  jamiemarie Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:02 am

Again, I'm slightly jealous of all the one-sided feeders we have..am I the only one who has a boy who takes both boobies at every feeding?

Krystina: out of curiosity, are you still using a shield? I don't know why I was thinking about it the other day and was just wondering if you were able to get her au naturale? Smile
jamiemarie
jamiemarie

Back to top Go down

Post  cjschwer Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:30 am

Quin has always eaten from both sides. He can go anywhere from 2-5 hours between feedings that way. There was a stretch when he ate from only one side at a time, but he went back to the other way with in a week.

Quin also wakes every 3-5 hours during the night to eat. We have had a few nights where he goes longer, but that is few and far between. One night he went 10 hours. I had get pump in the middle of the night. As for wanting longer night stretches it would be nice, but after Thursday it won't matter. We'll be on a schedule at night; he has to be changed at least every 4 hours overnight. During the day it's every 2 hours or sooner.
cjschwer
cjschwer

Back to top Go down

Post  cjschwer Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:36 am

oh, I sleep only in a shirt at night and I often get spots. Sometimes they are 1/4 the front of my shirt. I doubt I will ever stop leaking. Wink How do you sleep in a bra? I have never understood sleeping in a bra, pregnant, not pregnant, nursing...
cjschwer
cjschwer

Back to top Go down

Post  Babyjinks Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:45 am

How do you sleep in a bra? I have never understood sleeping in a bra, pregnant, not pregnant, nursing...

Okay so I hate hate hate sleeping in a bra but....I have to BFing or else I cover EVERYTHING in milk. I still squirt all over on letdown...

Also...I heard when I was pregnant before that it was going without a bra that leads to saggy boobs. I have reg size boobs but the whole tube sock boobs frightens me! So far so good no tube socks Smile
Babyjinks
Babyjinks

Back to top Go down

Post  mrstreenall Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:21 am

I didn't sleep with a bra while pregnant, in fact I NEVER slept wearing a bra in my entire life.

WELL my size A boobs are saggy and I have stretch marks all over them. I have a few stretch marks on my sides, but thats it. And I gained 50lbs and had a 9.5lb child in there. I was measuring 43 weeks when I gave birth exactly on my due date. And my breasts which only went up to a size B while pregnant, are littered with stretch marks. My mom got the same stretch marks on her tummy as me, but slept with a bra on - and she has no breast stretch marks. I'm never sleeping without a bra again!
mrstreenall
mrstreenall

Back to top Go down

Post  Toribear5 Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:27 am

I still live in nursing tank tops and if the brettster has a good night's sleep, i get up to pump around 3am....mostly so i can build up a freezer stash for when i go back to teaching.

i miss the freedom of hanging loose, lol!
Toribear5
Toribear5

Back to top Go down

Post  jamiemarie Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:44 pm

Toribear5 wrote:
i miss the freedom of hanging loose, lol!

I did too, so I finally said screw it and just went bra-less...I had a few nights where I leaked a little but since then I only really leak during let down or if I'm up for a while in the morning with no bra on and I put pressure on my boobs.
jamiemarie
jamiemarie

Back to top Go down

Post  momma2three Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:44 pm

Emma slept from 8:30 last night untill 7:30 this morning, i put her in bed with me and side nursed her and she went back to sleep untill 9:30 Shocked needless to say i had to change my sheets, shirt and blanket on my bed because i soaked everything while i slept in lol. I was just saying on a previous post about only sleeping in a tank top lol i guess going that long between a feeding was to much, so i'm back to wearing the nursing pads and a towel under me. I just hope she keeps up with the sleeping like this I could get use to it cheers
momma2three
momma2three

Back to top Go down

Post  mrstreenall Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:44 am

I'm SO excited right now!! And really proud of myself!

A girl I knew from college, we were in the same social circle and friendly with each other but not close, just had a baby. When she was pregnant I sent her a nice message telling her if she needed any help whatsoever to let me know, that I'd love to help her.

Anyways, we have been PMing back and forth on facebook about breastfeeding, and I've been helping her out! I am so happy. I feel like I am "paying it forward". I received so much help with breastfeeding that I'm glad I can help someone else myself.

Her ducts were clogged, and that happens to be my specialty!
mrstreenall
mrstreenall

Back to top Go down

Post  Babyjinks Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:12 pm

That is awesome that you have experience now that you can pass on Smile It rocks to be able to help somebody Smile
Babyjinks
Babyjinks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5