March Babies~TWW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breast Feeding

+15
madismom
jmark
momma2three
Charlie2911
enixie99
punkybrewster
Krystina85
jamiemarie
Laureenjellybean
mrstreenall
beautyonthebeach83
Toribear5
scuzzymama
Babyjinks
cjschwer
19 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Breast Feeding - Page 2 Empty Re: Breast Feeding

Post  Charlie2911 Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Another EBF'der here! But we have had a few bad days and need some advice even though this is my second time around. I think I'm having supply problems or a growth spurt, every time Ethan goes on he seems to fuss and fidget, thrashing his head from side to side and crying in the middle of some feeds. My supply so far has been great apart from spurt weeks, I normally only have to feed him from one side and that more than satisfies but today I've had to swap from side to side just to settle him. Also I can't remember feeling any let down. Anyone experienced this?

Krystina -when we do lying down feeding I always used the bottom one then rolled over for the other side!

Also with the BF at one year thing, all my friends who have done it that long were only feeding morning and evening as they are pretty much well established on solids by then.

Charlie2911

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Charlie(is this your name?)-I had the same issue during his a growth spurt around 7 weeks...at least I think that is what it was. I wasn't feeling a letdown and he was NEVER satisfied for a week. I could barely pump anything either. Are you stressed at all? Sometimes the stress of worrying about your supply can trigger a drop in supply. I was stressed about the lack of milk (and we were also away from home) Just keep you baby on your bbs and keep offering both sides. I think this should increase your supply enough so that you'll be able to go back to just one side.
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystina85 Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:54 pm

Laureenjellybean wrote:I never figured out the side lying thing. I have bf him twice laying down, but I used my top breast and it was a really awkward position for me.

lisa-I'm like you with the walking, talking, boob eating thing. I just feel like it would be weird if Carter walked up to me and clear as day asked "May I have some boobie?" Did you ever see the video on youtube of the 8yr old that was still bfing? That was just odd.

I've seen that video..
I'm ALL for BFing, but that's a bit much..
Krystina85
Krystina85

Back to top Go down

Post  Toribear5 Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Wow, the TWW BF forum is totally out of control. Have you guys seen it?

Oh and we only do the cradle hold. Some people can walk around while BF but I'm not that coordinated. Never tried nusing while lying down or the football hold.

I had a supply problem last week and I think it's passing...I hope anyways.

Anyone else have purple nips? They aren't painful.
Toribear5
Toribear5

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie2911 Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:57 pm

I don't feel particularly stressed, no more than normal anyway! I have just toilet trained my toddler in the last two weeks so that has been slightly stressful. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe I haven't been having enough fluids? I used to be really careful in the early days about keeping my calories up and drinking plenty but I seem to have lapsed lately.

I will try lots of feeding and hope things improve soon!

Charlie2911

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystina85 Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Toribear5 wrote:

Anyone else have purple nips? They aren't painful.

No, not purple.. mine are light light most of the time.. almost white sometimes!
Krystina85
Krystina85

Back to top Go down

Post  enixie99 Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Charlie, increasing fluids and foods can help. I'm sure the dip will pass. I experienced something similar from 5-7 weeks, but now I have no problems. During that time, I pumped for 10-20 minutes after every feed, and then gave her what I pumped plus what she ate from my breasts. It was labor intensive, but helped.

Tori... purple nips huh? I have no clue.
enixie99
enixie99

https://www.facebook.com/enixie99

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Yeah, I have the purple nips. I think they are calluses (sp).

Ok, this is going to sound SO inappropriate, but has anybody else had weird thoughts surrounding their nips? I was inspecting mine one day and all I could think was, "They look like the necks on steamed clams!" Now I want steamed clams.
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  Toribear5 Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:44 pm

sometimes they have white splotches too!
Toribear5
Toribear5

Back to top Go down

Post  punkybrewster Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:53 pm

Mine are purple...after I pump they're white.
Could the clam necks (lol) be montgomery's tubercles?
punkybrewster
punkybrewster

http://david.locals.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Shauna-LOL...no, they're not montgomery tubercles. They're my actual nipples. They look all shriveled like the clams neck lol!
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystina85 Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Laureenjellybean wrote:Shauna-LOL...no, they're not montgomery tubercles. They're my actual nipples. They look all shriveled like the clams neck lol!

ROFL!
Now every time I look at my nipples I'm going to think of clam necks!
Krystina85
Krystina85

Back to top Go down

Post  mrstreenall Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:14 pm

LMAO! Clam necks! Hahaha! My nips are a rainbow and vary from purple to pink to white. I used to be worried something was wrong, but now I don't care!

Lisa - I totally agree with the walking, talking, thing. Once my little guy is asking for the boobie, he is getting a sippy cup Wink Although I do have a feeling once he gets in his teeth I might switch to pumping during the day and nursing him before bedtime. I don't want to get bitten Shocked
mrstreenall
mrstreenall

Back to top Go down

Post  enixie99 Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Eww.... clam necks!! I hate the way my nips look after pumping... they're all plump and gross.

and now, I officially crossed into the TMI zone. Sorry.
enixie99
enixie99

https://www.facebook.com/enixie99

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:14 pm

I LOVE our group...nothing is TMI. Yeah, I hate how they look after pumping too. Can anybody say Coat rack???

Rachel-Confession. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed (probably TMI) DH and I were DTD and he went to touch the boobies and all I could think was, "MY DUCTS ARE GOING TO GET CLOGGED!!" ROFL!
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  mrstreenall Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:41 am

LMAO Laureen!! That's too funny!!!
mrstreenall
mrstreenall

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystina85 Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:36 am

Has anyone seen that show silent library on MTV?

I watched an episode the other day.. It's a group of guys and they have to do the stupidest things and stay quiet while doing them to win cash..
..anyways, there was one where the guy had to put a breast pump on his nipples for like 45 seconds. He looked like he was in so much pain! You could tell they had it on full power and it was one of those like old hospital ones.
Krystina85
Krystina85

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:40 am

LOL..that's pretty funny. Never seen the show though.
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  Babyjinks Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:15 am

Laureen ROFL. Dh has been told to touch boobies only if he doesnt mind being sprayed!

little late but I love the side laying position...(however I am only about a c so no big boobies here) I did have a big mess (milk everywhere) when I tried to do like Dr. Sear's said and instead of rolling over I tried to lower my top boob to alexs mouth. DID NOT work I was smooshing him and leaking at the same time. Back to bottom boob now.
Babyjinks
Babyjinks

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:17 pm

lol to milk messes!!

When I first got Carter off of the nipple shield, we made a HUGE mess in friendly's! I didn't even notice it. I went to the bathroom after feeding him to get myself put back together. I noticed that my pants were wet. I panicked thinking that maybe I'd missed the toilet during "air seat" I even tried to sniff my pants to check! Embarassed I got back to my seat and realized the booth was covered in what looked like melted ice cream! SOMEHOW I managed to get milk all over the seat and i'd been sitting in it! I was mortified!
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  momma2three Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi ladies i'm a EBF here too Smile Just wanted to post and say i've been having a great time reading through everyones post lol. It's nice to have other ladies who know what we go through to talk about everything and not worry about TMI lol cheers
momma2three
momma2three

Back to top Go down

Post  Babyjinks Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:42 pm

Laureen that is something that would totally happen to me!

Welcome Momma2three Smile)

On a side note I forgot my hooter hider today when I took Alex to the pedi's so I had to feed him with nothing covering him. Luckily the office was empty except for staff but still it felt like a HUGE step to be uncovered. The pedi was really happy with him still breastfeeding and said he is doing well..very well LOL 19.8pds and 26 1/2 inches. Thank goodness I already have the convertible seat! GO mommy milk Smile
Babyjinks
Babyjinks

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:31 pm

Welcome momma2three!
babyjinks-WOW!! That's one chunkster you've got there...in a good way of course! Way to go mamas milk!!
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  Babyjinks Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks Laureen Smile E. and I were both big babies up with rolls up until we started walking then we both slimmed down. I have to wear slims as a kid and my DS still has to have adjustable waist paints so i can cinch them down LOL So i know he will eventually slim down but yeah he is a chunky monkey right now I love his little chunks.Smile
Babyjinks
Babyjinks

Back to top Go down

Post  cjschwer Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Babyjinks wrote:The pedi was really happy with him still breastfeeding and said he is doing well..very well LOL 19.8pds and 26 1/2 inches. Thank goodness I already have the convertible seat! GO mommy milk Smile

Wow! Quin was 19lbs 8.9oz and 27.25 inches yesterday too!
cjschwer
cjschwer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next