March Babies~TWW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**UPDATE- got records & saw a dr.**

+3
cjschwer
jamiemarie
orrissa
7 posters

Go down

**UPDATE- got records & saw a dr.** Empty **UPDATE- got records & saw a dr.**

Post  orrissa Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:28 am

I have been trying for a week to get Maisie's medical record!!! I had an apt last week at a new office and found out that my old dr never sent the record and my insurance only "partly" covered the visit. So I found another office to take her and have been bugging my old dr for a WHOLE WEEK to fax that record. I need to get Maisie in for her 4 month (at this rate 5 month). More importantly, she has a wicked cold that will not go away and last night she was friggin gasping because she couldn't breath through her nose at all. I was holding her in the shower at 1:00am last night debating on the ER. The steam loosened it up enopugh to suck out teh snot- so we dodged that. But really, she is waking up crying because she can't breath and I am not able to get her records to make an apt at a new office. Been calling every 2 min since 8 am to get through and keep getting a busy signal.

I keep telling myself to remain calm. I want to scream my head off at these people- but I know that won't help. I just want to get the records myself- this is ridiculous! Legally do they have like a time frame to send them after they are requested?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drove my butt to the office this morning and asked them to just give me the records. The receptionist said, "I'm sorry I told you we could fax it same day. I was wrong- it takes 4-5 days."
What- to fax 7 pieces of paper? Give me a break!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Anyhow, after battling w/ tricare for TWO HOURS to get a new primary (after getting misinformation twice) I found a new pedi and got her in today. Mind you it is now a 45 min drive to take her to the dr since that is the closest pediatrician that is crazy enough to take tricare and has openings is way the hell out there. Heads up to those who want national health care- we have the current version (DH is navy) it and it BLOWS.

But *deep breath* important thing is we got her in today. Maisie hasn't gained an ounce in 3 weeks
Shocked. We have an apt for her next week for a "4" month (she will be more like 5 months) and I am told to start counting diapers and call in to report them. She has had a cold for almost a month straight and I know that's effected her appetite a lot- but I was shocked to see that she really hasn't gained a damn thing. I have noticed that she now has a neck and lost a leg roll, so yeah, she is slimming up a bit.

Turns out the reason she was having breathing issues is she has "the coup". IDK why the dr kept saying "the" before coup- but it sure made it sound worse than it is.Her throat has a virus and it is swelling shut at night. It makes it hard to breath, hence the gasping. But it's rarely bad enough to cause really huge issues. Just enough to scare the crap out of mom. Only cure is steam or really cold air for a few minutes. So yeah- update- Maisie isn't gaining and has the croup. And we have a new pedi (finally!!!)

Last edited by orrissa on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
orrissa
orrissa

Back to top Go down

**UPDATE- got records & saw a dr.** Empty Re: **UPDATE- got records & saw a dr.**

Post  jamiemarie Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:28 am

I don't know if there are guidelines for it legally but I know where I used to work when we requested medical records many offices took forever to do it. I would call again and tell them that it needs to be at the new office by the end of the business day and that if it is not you will be there tomorrow morning to pick it up in person (if that's possible).
jamiemarie
jamiemarie

Back to top Go down

**UPDATE- got records & saw a dr.** Empty Re: **UPDATE- got records & saw a dr.**

Post  cjschwer Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:58 am

I would just call and say, "I'll be there at X time to pick up Maisie's records." And then be there at that time and wait until they are handed to you. Think of how it will look to the other patients to have you in there, not particularly happy, getting your records. I bet the office staff will be a little quicker on handing it over then.
cjschwer
cjschwer

Back to top Go down

Post  lovebug-Michelle Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:06 am

Oh man, double boo about Maisie's cold and the records Sad Sad

When I switched OBs, I needed to get my records ASAP since I had an appointment with my new OB just after the weekend. I went and picked them up, but it turns out their policy was that it was free for them to fax them to the new office, but I had to pay to pick them up---per sheet, and it was like $52!!! Twisted Evil Also, when I walked out, I thought, "Hmmm, this feels awfully thick for little ol' me." I got to the elevator and opened the envelope to find I had someone else's records! Mad

Anyway, I hope everything clears up super quick with the records and little Maisie is feeling better this morning!
lovebug-Michelle
lovebug-Michelle

http://www.keepingupwiththecollinsfamily.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  orrissa Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:48 pm

bumpity bump
orrissa
orrissa

Back to top Go down

Post  fuel1316 Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:56 pm

thats weird about the weight. i hope she clears up the coup soon XD funny saying that
fuel1316
fuel1316

Back to top Go down

Post  ithappened Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:24 pm

I have a very quick second and just wanted to say to keep in mind that you used 2 different scales to compare her weight! It is highly likely those scales are not equal. I know in my pedi office NONE of their scales are the same!
ithappened
ithappened

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:59 pm

Glad that you got her in to see a doc. sorry that she hasn't gained weight. Is she getting more active? A cold can put a damper on an appetite as well. Hope she feels better!
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  orrissa Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:52 pm

ithappened wrote:I have a very quick second and just wanted to say to keep in mind that you used 2 different scales to compare her weight! It is highly likely those scales are not equal. I know in my pedi office NONE of their scales are the same!

Very good point. The first weight was in the ER on a digital scale and this one today was a old school slider one.

Laureen- def the appetite is down... she gets so fussy with the teething and the cold and I guess now the croup.. Man as I type this I'm starting to feel extra bad for the squirt... poor kid! Yeah she doesn't eat for long at all before she gives up.
orrissa
orrissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down