March Babies~TWW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Refresh

+35
Juliete83
babyluv804
kell
Ali
annemarie
Jlynn2404
cms222
junebug
punkybrewster
ithappened
Charlie2911
mrswallace
scuzzymama
beautyonthebeach83
Emmy
enixie99
Anchors
jamiemarie
jmark
melblack
Toribear5
MaxieMom
Laureenjellybean
ehumbleart
camsmommy09
melinda_hayden
cjschwer
kcpd
madismom
laurensmommy
mrstreenall
Krystina85
Babydreamer26
iamshannon
melanie20012001
39 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Let's Refresh Empty Lets Refresh.

Post  melanie20012001 Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:46 am

I thought i reintroduction thread would be good for all us oldies and any newbies that have joined us.

I'm Melanie mummy to 2 boys Ellis 20 months and Freddie born on my birthday 1st March Very Happy.

I am a happy go lucky girl living in sin to the man of my dreams Twisted Evil Soon to be the little wife a year from now.

Although i love my DF, i am secretly in love with other people who happen to be my fellow March mommas tongue
melanie20012001
melanie20012001

Back to top Go down

Let's Refresh Empty Re: Let's Refresh

Post  iamshannon Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:06 am

I'm Shannon, mom to Eli, born 3.18 Smile I'm an editor-turned-SAHM and we live in Ohio!
iamshannon
iamshannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Babydreamer26 Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:12 am

Hi ladies!

I'm Laura, wife to John and mama to Deztyni *3*, Caydyn *21 months* and Miss Layla Tymprynce who blessed us with her grace on March 20th! She is PERFECT in everyway and we love our babies SO much! Very Happy
I am a SAHM, and have been since Caydyn was born! Life is GOOD! Very Happy
Babydreamer26
Babydreamer26

http://journeyofthehampfamily.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  melanie20012001 Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:14 am

Hi Shannon sunny

Hi Laura flower

Laura has Cayden been for his ENT appointment yet?
melanie20012001
melanie20012001

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystina85 Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:03 am

I'm Krystina, "wife" to Zachary
(We're not married, but pretty darn close)
We have 2 girls, Kaya who is 2 1/2 and Miss Scarlet who was born March 4th
We live in Massachusetts and I have my whole life

I've been a SAHM since I had Kaya and I just started selling hair bows and accessories for little girls so I guess I can be a WAHM now too lol

My pregnancy with Scarlet would NOT have been the same if it wasn't for "meeting" you girls!! flower
Krystina85
Krystina85

Back to top Go down

Post  mrstreenall Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi! I love you

I'm Rachel, wife to Eric and mommy to Ethan. I've been a SAHM since I was 25 weeks pregnant. I absolutely adore my family and I love my life.

I tell everyone about the "March boards". The pregnancy would definitely not have been the same if it wasn't for all of you! I'm so glad we have this board to keep in touch!
mrstreenall
mrstreenall

Back to top Go down

Post  laurensmommy Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:14 pm

I'm Mary, wife to Aaron and mommy to Lauren (25 months) and baby James (almost 4 months). I am a SAHM with an obsession of taking photos of my kiddos.

You girls have a special place in my heart and I hope we keep in touch through here and/or facebook. Very Happy
laurensmommy
laurensmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  madismom Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm Su- wife to Dennis, my high school sweetheart and luv of my life:) Mommy to Madison(6), and Lily (3/16/2009). I am mostly a SAHM but am an RN that works occasionally:) I mostly lurked the march forum but got to know u gals and would post once in a while. I want to be more active now:) We cloth diaper and breastfeed and babywear- though it is getting too hot to do that:) We live in the raleigh durham, NC suburbs!
madismom
madismom

http://suanddennisstone.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kcpd Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:09 pm

Hello ladies! I am Brooke(aka KCPD) and I live in KC with dh Matt and my twin boys Lincoln and Jack (due3/17 born on 2/17)! They are almost 4 months old and I am looking forward to staying in touch with everyone!! You guys help keep my sanity! Laughing
kcpd
kcpd

Back to top Go down

Post  cjschwer Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:45 pm

I'm Carolyn. Wife to George and mommy to Quinton, Quin. He was born a week early on February 25, due March 4. We live in Mid-Michigan and have our whole lives. I am a SAHM, but also have my teaching degree. DH is also a teacher, who does construction and landscaping on the side.
cjschwer
cjschwer

Back to top Go down

Post  melinda_hayden Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:26 am

Im Melinda from Perth western Australia. I'm Mum to Hayden April 05 and Chloe 28th Feb 09, she was due 7th march. Chloe was the first child for my partner Nigel. Im a SAHM who is deocrating our new house.
melinda_hayden
melinda_hayden

Back to top Go down

Post  camsmommy09 Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:51 am

I'm Jennifer, wife to Clifton. I'm 22, DH is 25. Cam is almost 4 months old. He was due March 1st, but came February 19th by emergency c-section. I'm a SAHM and I love it! DH is a chef and I love taking pic's of my little man.

Daily issue... DH already wants another baby... I secretly want another, but I will be more than happy to wait a yr so cam doesn't get "jipped" of being the baby for a while.
camsmommy09
camsmommy09

http://www.myspace.com/countryrebel5o4

Back to top Go down

Post  madismom Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:48 pm

All these boy babies are making my uterus itch:) I have 2 girls and want a boy so bad:) We are not trying or preventing:) It took us 3 yrs to get pg with Lily so I am not expecting anything- plus still EBF so no af yet:)
madismom
madismom

Back to top Go down

Post  ehumbleart Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi ladies! I am Emily (aka ehumbleart) I am 28 and I am married to Steve who is 35 Shocked I am momma to Hazel Claire who is 2 1/2 and our little Violet Mae, born March 5th. We live in Tustin, Ca and I am mostly a SAHM. I am NOTHING like the "real" housewives of OC, I despise that show! I do work at home and in the office 8 hours a week (I go there to relax Very Happy ) I design the dies for Ellison and Sizzix. All you teacher have probably used the machine at your schools. That's all for now.

**I love you ladies and look forward to keeping in touch for many years**
ehumbleart
ehumbleart

Back to top Go down

Post  cjschwer Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:22 pm

ehumbleart wrote:I design the dies for Ellison and Sizzix. All you teacher have probably used the machine at your schools.

Those are great machines!
cjschwer
cjschwer

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:49 pm

I'm Laureen, wife to Kenny and mom to Carter born 2/23/09 (was due 3/25). I am an NICU RN that works occasionally..for now anyway. Twisted Evil (I SOOOOO want to stay home FOREVER!). I live in NH.

Madismom-how often do you work? I'm working per diem now and really only want to work twice a month, but my work isn't so keen on that idea.
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMom Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:08 am

pirat

Last edited by MaxieMom on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaxieMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Toribear5 Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:41 pm

I'm Victoria (Toribear5) and my son Brett (aks The Brettster) was born on St. Patrick's Day. My DH and I are both high school teachers in the Chicagoland area. Does :hi: work? Doh, guess not!
Toribear5
Toribear5

Back to top Go down

Post  madismom Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Laureen- I work per diem also at 2 different places. I try to work one 12 hr shift a week- nights. I am working Sunday night:) One job is at a small posh private hospital- easy work and great pay, the other is on the float pool where I delivered Lily. I love the flexibility and the fact that I work when I want to work. I have no commitment to meet at the posh job, and 36 hrs/6 weeks for the float pool job. I only work when DH can be home with my girls cuz I am not paying for childcare! In august I will start watching a NICU nurse's baby that will be 3 months old. That will be just 1-3 days a week in my home. I love being a nurse:) How do you deal with the babies? I can't do ped's uz I take that stuff home with me.
madismom
madismom

Back to top Go down

Post  Toribear5 Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:07 pm

MaxieMom wrote:Hi everyone!

I'm also a Master Scuba Diver Trainer and work contract through a local dive shop.

Amanda, HOW FREAKING COOL. I've been scuba diving for years and love it. I just wish I lived near the ocean. This whole having a baby thing will really put a damper on my adventures.

I'll post a couple action shots of me on a shark dive on FB for you to see!
Toribear5
Toribear5

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:13 pm

madismom-Sounds like you've got some fun per diem shifts going on. That nice that you'll be watching someone's baby for a little extra cash as well. Like you, when I work, i work nights. With a baby though, i really wish the shifts were only 8 hours. I feel like 12 hours is SOOOO long to be away, especially with bfing/pumping. What is your main area of nursing? (I know you float, but do you have a specific area you like?)
I've been doing NICU since I got out of school. The first place that I worked was intense and to be honest, VERY depressing. For a while, we were losing a baby at least twice a month, which literally was killing EVERYBODY. (it was always to weird stuff like mitochondrial disorders, liver failure, weird syndromes etc) I saw stuff there that I'll probably never see again in my life! I had to find a new job when I got pregnant, because I think I would have gone INSANE with worry. I now work in a NICU that takes babies 28 weeks and up (WHICH IS CAKE COMPARED TO MY OLD JOB!) I never thought would go into pediatrics for the same reason you mentioned, but I somehow found myself here. When they're preemies, to me, it isn't as sad, because USUALLY they go home and are ok. It was the kids at my old hospital with HORRIBLE syndroms, undiagnosed junk, what not, that got to me. The first patient I had that died, I sat holding her limp body SOBBING in front of the family. Yeah, i was useless!! (The mother asked if I was ok. Embarassed )
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  madismom Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:55 pm

Laureen- That sounds so sad. Your new job sounds good but I do agree that 12's are long. I like nights b/c Lily sleeps 12 hrs now so I don't have to pump as much as when i am there on day shift. My main area of nursing is med-surg. My posh job is mostly in ortho- I LOVE IT:) The other is floating to medicine, surgical, ortho, neuro, urology, rapid admissions. Hard work but they always have shifts for me and I can choose if i want 4,6,8, or 12 hr shifts and when they are. All the managers post online for their needs and then I log in and sign up for what I want. If you are willing to do med surg you can pretty much tell them what you work and they will take it. They are desperate! Do you get freaked out about pumping at work with all the germs? I get worried about MRSA in my milk:( I am super anal about handwashing and sanitizing though. I actually love working now b/c I feel like it is my only "non-mommmy" time. I absolutely LOVE the commute cuz I can blare my music and rock out without worrying about the kids:)
madismom
madismom

Back to top Go down

Post  Laureenjellybean Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:41 pm

The one night that I have worked so far, I pumped twice. It seemed ok, but I didn't pump as much as he took. Nights work well because like you, i don't have to worry about someone else watching my son. I don't have a very big choice of days to work though, because Dh works night as well. I only have friday or saturday to choose from, which stinks!
I like the commute as well being able to listen to louder music. Smile
Ortho scares me! i'm afraid I'm going to break people more!! I tried working with an agency last summer, but it REALLy did not go well. They threw me onto a med/surg floor with a 5 pt assignment, when i'd only done newborns in my life!!! I quit after that night!! They were supposed to give me a short orientation, but didn't. HORRID!!
I actually wasn't nervous about pumping at work, only because of the environment that I'm in. Women pump in my unit all the time for the babies. Our babies are usually born there and haven't been out in the world enough to get MRSA yet. I wouldnt' consider it TOO dirty of a place in comparison to an adult floor. I think if I was on an adult floor, I'd be more nervous. We also don't take infectious kids because they pose too much of a risk to the preemies.
Laureenjellybean
Laureenjellybean

Back to top Go down

Post  melblack Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:39 pm

I'm Melissa (31) married to David (32) for 11 years. We have 1 daughter, Zoe born Feb 2001, Zachary born November 2002 and Zander born March 12th, 2009. We are in the Navy and stationed in Memphis for another year. I start back work tomorrow, part-time at the local Home Builders Association.
melblack
melblack

Back to top Go down

Post  jmark Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:38 pm

I found my way over. Smile I am jmark (28) with DH (33), DD1 (9/03), DD2 (7/05), and DS Theodore (2/10/09 - was due 3/4/09). I'm a medical student but got set back a year when I was put on bedrest for 9 weeks. I start again in January and am doing research for the time being.

Glad we have this board. I never posted a ton on TWW but I want to keep in touch.
jmark
jmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum